Saturday, March 2, 2013

Finding Hope

A few days ago I felt like my little bubble of naive happiness was popped and the realities of life came crashing down. It feels like my eyes have been opened for the first time and all I can see is the darkness that is over taking humanity. Sex, drugs, violence, false idols, corruption, war… it just feels like it’s every where. I am over whelmed with sadness to know where this world is heading and even more so to know that my baby girls are going to have to survive in such a terrible place.
With this, it forces me to stop and think about my life and how I want to live it. What do I want to contribute to the world? I can sit idly with no hope or I can try to live my life in a way that creates hope that spreads happiness and joy to those around me.
DSCN3366
So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal. 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

No comments:

Post a Comment